Sign up instructions
Revision as of 11:09, 9 January 2009 by Meylan
- First, open two browser windows: one to do everything below and one to keep these instructions open.
- In the new window, click on the create an account link in the upper right hand corner, or click here.
- Use your real name, e.g. John A. Smith (with spaces, underscores aren't allowed for user names), for both your User Name and where it requests your real name. This will make it easier to identify contributions.
- To add an image of yourself, or anything else, go the the upload file link which is in the toolbox on the sidebar or here. Give your image a unique name and then replace image name from the default image to your image name.
- Now you will link your user page to your author page. To find your user page go to this list of all users and click on your name. (The link should just be at something like User:John_A.Smith.) Now put a redirect from the user page to your author page by editing your user page to contain #REDIRECT ''John_A._Smith'' but with your name instead. This step is not necessary but it makes life simple to have one page per person.